Monday, June 23, 2008

Not Always a "Special Occasion"

Life's been crazy busy recently. Lot's of stuff going on and always running between work and other commitments. So today was my day off. My softball team was supposed to have a game tonight, but because of poor air quality due to fires, it was canceled. So I decided this gave me the perfect opportunity to get some groceries and make dinner, beings that I haven't cooked a decent meal in about two weeks now.

I decided I wasn't in the mood for one of my "normal" meals. You know those ones where you know the recipe inside out and could make it in your sleep? Yes, those ones. So I perused the aisles at Trader Joe's trying to come up with something new. I decided on Turkey Filets, wrapped with Bacon. My sides included corn on the cob and mashed potatoes. While I was cooking dinner, hubby was in the other room so I had the front of the house to myself. I decided to make a special evening out of it, and cleared off the dining room table, set out two votive candles, found a floating candle in the cupboard and decided to make a floating candle dish as well. So I found my small crystal candy dish, filled it with water, put the silver rose floaty candle in it and placed it in the center of the table. Then I went out front to my roses, picked some pink petals and put those petals around the floaty candle. Then I decided to write hubby a card with a cute little poem and have it by his plate at dinner.

Then I got our plates prepared, lit the candles and called hubby in to dinner. No "special occasion" needed to have a special, out of the norm, meal with an element of elegance. I'm tired so I will upload a picture of it off my camera in the morning.

For now,
Diane

1 comment:

Uncle and Auntie Hightower <>< said...

I LOVE YOU!!!!!! JUST WANTED YOU TO KNOW! xoxoxxox