Sunday, February 24, 2008

Happy with a Young Star

I watched the Barbara Walter's Special after the Academy Awards tonight and was very pleased with a young star she was interviewing. Miley Cirus (age 15) was asked the question "When you look at other young stars, Brittany and Jamie Lyn Spears, Lindsey Lohan; how can you be sure that you are not going to turn out the same way?" Miley answered by saying (as best I can remember) "Well, for me it comes down to having a family I can fall back on and who are honest with me, and my faith. For greater is He who is in me than he who is in the world."

I was blown away. Here is a young fifteen year old fully immersed in Hollywood who appears to still be staying grounded in her faith. I think it is awesome and just wanted to share on here. She is a young star who has quite an influence on the young girls in America right now and I think it is wonderful that she is pulling through this being a positive role model for the girls looking up to her. Some may find it funny, but I want to remember to pray for Miley, that she may continue to stay grounded in her faith and that young girls in our society can have a positive role model from Hollywood.

Anyone have any other thoughts?

1 John 4:4
"You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world."

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm still supportive of her. I love her show, like a majority of her music, but not sure about how I feel about how she dresses (and her makeup) for certain things like award shows and her concerts. A little too bit grown up for such wonderful "morals" if you ask me. However knowing who her parents are tells me she'll never turn out as bad as a few other "role models" that there have been in the past.

Momma Bug said...

Hi Diane! Nice to meet you:-)
Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting, so I knew you were there (ages ago)!

"tag" you're it! Come see rules at my blog:-)

-Molly's Sister