Wednesday, February 13, 2008

More Than You Can Handle - Part Two.

So, I want to clear up some confusion from my last post. The point I was trying to make in a somewhat confusing way I think, is that God is not going to give us more than He is able to carry us through. I often find myself in trials where I just don't understand how I can possibily go through these things, so many of them at once. And then I think about how God will not give us more than we can handle.

So what does that mean exactly? I think it means that God is bigger than all of this "stuff" that we go through in life. God will not give us something that He cannot get us through. Sometimes God allows us to go through trials to make us stronger and grow and learn to lean on Him. Therefore my mentalitiy of "God won't give me more than I can handle" should be switched to "God won't give me more than He will see me through." I know Christ is able to "handle" anything and it is up to me to lean on Him and allow him to mold me and carry me and teach me.

James 1:2-4
"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything."

4 comments:

Anna Maskell said...

I couldn't agree more. It's just hard sometimes to have faith and carry on...

Mommy Reg said...

Yes this clears it up a lot. I was sure that was what you were trying to say the first time but... God is always bigger than anything we have to face. Remember that okay. *Ü*

The Diane Story said...

Faith is not always easy, but a necessity to get through life relying on God. Yes, He is truly bigger than anything we face and we are silly to ever doubt that he can carry us through.

Thanks for the comments!

Uncle and Auntie Hightower <>< said...

AWESOME! So true!!!! He is sooo much bigger, even when you feel like the waves are high...He will see us through in ways we never could imagine, if we place our trust in Him and have faith!
Praise God! =)
I am soo stoked to be hanging out and getting to know YOU better sweet friend! It is amazing how much our Church is already OUR church...(not that I mean, it is not GODS church, but in the way that we are growing so close already!) =)
Love you TOO!!!! =)